Group therapy for couples can be a powerful and instructive tool for couples working through change, wanting to deepen their commitment, or to gain insight about managing conflict. Several times a year, along with a co-therapist, a carefully selected group of four or five couples meets weekly over a three-month time frame to share, reflect on, and look at some of the cultural discourses that influence and impact couples in how they see each other and how they see the relationship.
Topics may include:
- Finding independence in a committed relationship
- How culture influences our understandings about jealousy and mistrust in intimate relationships
- Is your sex life under constant scrutiny? What’s normal and does it matter?
- Do traditional gender roles increase tension in your relationship?
- Where’s the romance?
- Do you feel the pressure to start a family?
- Do heterosexual couples face the same issues as same sex couples?
- Do you feel judged because of age differences within your relationship?
Does group therapy for couples sounds interesting to you?